Elijah Savage wrote:

Mark Martinec wrote:

Stefan,

@whitelist_sender_maps = (\%whitelist_sender, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
\$whitelist_sender_re);
@blacklist_sender_maps = (\%blacklist_sender, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
\$blacklist_sender_re);
read_hash(\%whitelist_sender, '/var/amavis/whitelist');
read_hash(\%blacklist_sender, '/var/amavis/blacklist');

cat /var/amavis/blacklist
orangemail.sk

It looks alright.

I dont want to receive mail from orangemail.sk..for example
but amavisd does not look to blacklist maps..

Nov  3 07:37:39 sgw01 amavis[1514]: [ID 702911 mail.info] (01514-01)
RETURNED FROM SA check, time left: 29 s

The relevant log entries are before the ones you have shown,
i.e. before the spam scanning occurs.

My configuration is:
amavisd-new-20040824, with postfix, clamav and spamassassin.

I would recommend to upgrade first to 2.3.3, which (among others) provides
a more informative log report as far as lookups are concerned.

If the problem persists, please send me a log at level 5.
The relevant entries come shortly after virus scanning, e.g.:

prolong_timer after virus_scan: ...
lookup (bypass_virus_checks) ...
lookup (bypass_spam_checks) ...
wbl: checking sender <...>
lookup (blacklist_sender) ...

 Mark

Here is how I do it

read_hash(\%whitelist_sender, '/var/amavis/whitelist');
read_hash(\%blacklist_sender, '/var/amavis/blacklist');

#less /var/amavis/blacklist

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would also like to add that I rarely use hard blacklist or whitelist anymore I use the soft whitelist and blacklist, something I learned from the experts on this list and like it a lot better.

# ENVELOPE SENDER SOFT-WHITELISTING / SOFT-BLACKLISTING

@score_sender_maps = ({ # a by-recipient hash lookup table,
# results from all matching recipient tables are summed

'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'=> -3.0,