On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 04:53:34PM -0600, Gary V wrote:
> nikss wrote:
> > I am using Exim with amavisd-new + SA + clamav. I figured out option
> > unchecked option $dspam in amavisd.conf but have no clue how to
> > integrate/install DSPAM into my configuration.
> > I havent found any howtos to this problem.
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions and links
>
> > Mat
>
> Others will beat me up, but I have my opinion. Note that I have
> not looked at dspam for quite a while.
>
> 1). Spend time and effort understanding how dspam  works and how
>   to install it. Experiment with different storage methods in order
>   to find the one that is fastest (because dspam moves like molasses
>   on large messages).
>
> 2). Manually train it with a corpus of ham and spam.
>
> 3). Add some stuff to local.cf that reads the dspam headers and
>   adjusts the spamassassin scores.
>
> 4). Discover that it only works well if you constantly manually feed it.
>
> 5). Stop using dspam because it's not worth the hassle.

  That's pretty close to my experience a couple years ago, except that
I also found that the dspam version I was using completely wedged on
Berkeley DB files, which it claimed to support, and that before some
magic threshold I never reached, it was actually reducing the net
accuracy of my scoring.

  I was big on the idea of dspam, but the practice turned out to be a
bit disappointing.  I'm sure it's improved since, but I have not found
time to go back to it.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/