Wayne,

> I ran into the lmtp bug with 2.4.2 (and hence had a lot of spam messages
> queued for bouncing). Upgraded to 2.4.3 and that issue is gone

Yes, there was a bug in LMTP processing in 2.4.2.

> but it would appear now that the
> folks who score low enough for us to send the extremely rare bounce out
> aren't getting the customized text, they get..

> Subject: Email delivery to [EMAIL PROTECTED] was stopped, apparently
>  from you
> From: "Content-filter at smtp1.accnorwalk.com"

This bounce message was not generated by Postfix nor by amavisd-new
unless you customized subject and notification template.

>       Wayne Smith on 10/17/2006 10:29 AM
>             The recipient could not be processed because it would violate
> the security policy in force < smtp1.accnorwalk.com #5.7.0 smtp; 554 5.7.0
> Reject, id=06408-06 - SPAM>

Does a search for '06408-06\)' or 'CG6JaXWMniSf' in amavisd log
show anything relevant/associated with this message?

> The customized subject is dead on, but the rest of the message body isn't
> showing up and it looks like they are only getting the SMTP response.

Do you have other content filters in a chain?

> Is this a bug in 2.4.3 with LMTP usage and the way it handles D_BOUNCE

I don't think so, I tested the fixed LMTP code in 2.4.3 thoroughly,
at least I hope I did. A log would tell more.