-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary V
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 5:07 PM
To: amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [AMaViS-user] debug question

Leon wrote:

> Hi,

> First, I've compiled and installed new perl modules (some of them for
> FuzzyOCR):
> perl-BerkeleyDB-0.31-12.i586.rpm
> perl-Compress-Zlib-1.42-20.i586.rpm
> perl-Convert-UUlib-1.051-31.i586.rpm
> perl-IO-Multiplex-1.08-14.i586.rpm
> perl-MIME-tools-5.420-20.i586.rpm
> perl-MLDBM-2.01-280.i586.rpm
> perl-MLDBM-Sync-0.30-276.i586.rpm
> perl-Net-Server-0.94-18.i586.rpm
> perl-Tie-Cache-0.17-274.i586.rpm
> perl-Tie-IxHash-1.21-618.i586.rpm

> Second I've moved from old amavisd.conf style settings to new 2.4.4 style
> settings, using the following howto's from Gary V. as a reference:
> http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/upgrade244.html
> http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/amavisd-settings.html

> Restarted amavis, and "BerkeleyDB-based Amavis::Cache not available"
> messages are gone.

> Now I have several questions regarding "spamassassin --lint -D" output (I
> run it as amavis user, vscan on Suse):

> 1) I got the following "module not installed" lines:
> [3210] dbg: diag: module not installed: Mail::SPF::Query ('require'
failed)
> [3210] dbg: diag: module not installed: IP::Country::Fast ('require'
failed)
> [3210] dbg: diag: module not installed: Net::Ident ('require' failed)
> [3210] dbg: diag: module not installed: IO::Socket::INET6 ('require'
failed)

> Are these modules really needed for a proper Spam detection and should I
try
> to install them?

They are only needed if you desire the features they provide.
>From DependencyInfo.pm

  module => 'Mail::SPF::Query',
  desc => 'Used to check DNS Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records to fight
email
  address forgery and make it easier to identify spams.',

  module => 'IP::Country::Fast',
  alt_name => 'IP::Country',
  desc => 'Used by the RelayCountry plugin (not enabled by default) to
determine
  the domain country codes of each relay in the path of an email.',

  module => 'Net::Ident',
  desc => 'If you plan to use the --auth-ident option to spamd, you will
need
  to install this module.',

  module => 'IO::Socket::INET6',
  desc => 'This is required if the first nameserver listed in your IP
  configuration or /etc/resolv.conf file is available only via
  an IPv6 address.',

> 2) I've installed Razor2 in /var/spool/amavis directory and enabled it in
> local.cf with "use_razor2 1" and there is an uncommented line
> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
> in v310.pre file.
> In amavisd.conf there is "$sa_local_tests_only = 0;"

> And indeed I see that Razor test are run and the module is loaded, but as
> you can see below there is a "local tests only, skipping Razor" message:

> [3210] dbg: diag: module installed: Razor2::Client::Agent, version 2.82
> [3210] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 from @INC
> [3210] dbg: razor2: local tests only, skipping Razor
> [3210] dbg: plugin: registered
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2=HASH(0x9291740)

> What could be the problem here?

As of SA version 3.1.6, --lint turns off net tests. You now have to
feed a message to debug to get net tests.

spamassassin -D <sample-spam.txt

> 3) As I understand "spamassassin --lint -D" run some tests on test
message.
> I do not have DCC installed, so it's kinda weird what rule is triggering
the
> following message:

> [3210] info: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined dependency
> 'DCC_CHECK'

I suggest asking about this on the SA list. Do you plan on installing
DCC? If you do install it, this 'informational' message may go away.