> My setup is sendmail-milter and the desired effect was to have all the
> incoming mail that passed forwarded to another less-able box.
> What I used to have was this:
> $forward_method = 'smtp:192.168.1.1:25';  # where to forward checked mail
> The new config file has this form:
> $forward_method = 'smtp:[192.168.1.1]:25';
> Either form doesn't get me where I wanted to go.

Both forms are correct (brackets become useful with
IPv6 addresses, which contain colons).

But this is irrelevant for a milter setup. The $forward_method should
be left at undef in a milter setup - mail is forwarded by MTA itself
after it gets a go from a milter, the milter should not forward a
message on its own.

To make all mail pass, set:
  $final_virus_destiny  = D_PASS;
  $final_banned_destiny = D_PASS;