Gary V wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>

>> I 'm using amavis-new 2.4 with p0f and SA 3.1 with FuzzyOcr on FreeBSD
>> 6.1. with postfix.
>>

>> When I feed to SA by hand, the scores are 2 -3 times higher than what
>> Amavis gives it.  In amavis' debug output, I can see FuzzyOcr being
>> loaded but it never scores anything.  SA is configured to use FuzzyOcr
>> and it works fine.  What do I need to do to make it work? Sorry if this
>> has been answered elsewhere. I'm not finding it.
>>

> It is my understanding that when you feed a message to FuzzyOcr
> using SA debug mode 'spamassassin -tD < message' FuzzyOcr sets
> focr_autodisable_score to 1000. Are the messages is question
> scoring over the focr_autodisable_score you have set in
> FuzzyOcr.cf? If so, you will not get any scoring from FuzzyOcr
> (and you should not).
  'spamassassin -tD < message' returns a score that includes FuzzyOcr.
> Also, see: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam
> "SpamAssassin returns different score"
>
> It's a good idea to ensure amavisd-new is using the same configuration
> that the command line SA is using. As the FAQ states, run SA as the
> amavisd-new user. Also, compare the configurations. Amavisd-new
> could be using a completely different set of rules and configuration.
> In order to see where amavisd-new is looking for SA files, with version
> 2.4.4 or newer you can narrow debug-sa output to various SA channels; e.g.:
> amavisd -d config debug-sa
>
> Gary V

I ran 'amavisd -d config debug-sa',  and amavisd appears to be reading
the reading the correct local config files, including FuzzyOcr:

config: read file /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.cf

However, when I do a simple 'spamassassin < message' as vscan (the user
that amavis uses here), FuzzyOcr does not get used. I assume that this
is a clue to the problem. Did I misconfigure the user?

I know that this is something simple I've missed, but it doesn't quite
make sense to me. The daemon seems to be reading all the correct config
files. Why would the user get different results? Thanks for your help.