Larry,

> I just got a report of a blocked duplicate header "Message-ID"  It appears
> that anyone who uses Microsoft's HTTP setup within Outlook, Outlook Express
> and Entrouge will get blocked with amavisd-new.   My question is there a
> way to whitelist legit hotmail/msn users who use HTTP login within their
> application to send out this non-standard header?
> Will whitelisting the specific email address work?  Is there a global
> changes to help this?  Granted it should be a small precentage of users
> but just curious.
> It appears that MS adds this if it's via HTTP.
> Gotta love MS how they don't follow the RFCs.

Besides letting mail with bad headers pass $final_bad_header_destiny=D_PASS;
(which is mostly harmless, but can be annoying), with amavisd-new 2.4.4 or
later you can disable some of the header tests selectively, e.g.
$allowed_header_tests{'multiple'}=0;

The %allowed_header_tests is also switchable through policy banks,
e.g. can allow more freedom for internal hosts, compared to the rest.

Note that whitelisting is only for spam, it has no effect on other tests.

Release_notes:

- new configuration variable %allowed_header_tests, also member of policy
  banks, allows for selectively disabling some of the header checks,
  e.g. checks for non-encoded 8-bit characters. The %allowed_header_tests
  hash contains all available header tests as its keys by default
  (with a value of true);  removing a key, or setting its value to false,
  disables a test, e.g.:
    $allowed_header_tests{'8bit'} = 0;
    $allowed_header_tests{'missing'} = 0;
  Currently available keys (i.e. tests) are:
    other mime 8bit control empty long syntax missing multiple
  each corresponding to its own minor contents category of CC_BADH;

    ccat test
    min  name      description
    ---  -------   -----------
      0  other     (catchall for everything else, normally not used)
      1  mime      Bad MIME (sub)headers or bad MIME structure
      2  8bit      Invalid non-encoded 8-bit characters in header
      3  control   Invalid control characters in header (CR or NUL)
      4  empty     Folded header field made up entirely of whitespace
      5  long      Header line longer than RFC 2822 limit of 998 characters
      6  syntax    Header field syntax error
      7  missing   Missing required header field
      8  multiple  Duplicate or multiple occurrence of a header field
  legend:
    ccat min:  minor contents category under a major category CC_BADH,
               available in templates as a macro ccat_min;
    test name: corresponding test name - a key in %allowed_header_tests;
    descr.:    description of a header test or MIME subheaders/structure test;