On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 09:34:11PM +0200, Henrik Krohns wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 09:25:12AM -1000, Clifton Royston wrote:
> > >
> > > A bit complicated if you look at the original question..
> > >
> > > Simple script in crontab would solve it:

> > > #!/bin/bash
> > > QSIZE="`postqueue -p | tail -1 | awk '{print $5}'`"
> > > if [ "0$QSIZE" > 50 ]; then
> > >   echo "Postfix queue size $QSIZE!" | mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > fi
> >
> >   Mind you, if your queue size has just shot to 1000 and is growing
> > without bound because mail is not being delivered, how long will it
> > take that email to get through the same server?
>
> Ok, you busted my quick example. I forgot to mention that. :)

  It was on my mind, because yesterday one of my clients sent me an
email to ask what had happened to some of their customers' emails, and
you guessed it...  (Some problem with an email containing a gigantic
ZIP had left several huge temp files filling up the amavis temp
partition on one server, and while all processes were still running,
amavis had no room to unpack and scan mails so all mail after that had
been backing up.  As it only affected one of 3 servers, some mail was
still coming through, which obscured the problem.)

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/