On 8/13/07, Erland Nylend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see that I can create policy banks which are used accourding to
> which ip/port amavisd-new received a message.
>
> Is it also possible to create a policy bank for mail to domains in
> @local_domains_maps? I wish to handle incoming mail a bit different
> than outgoing mail, and it would be nice to have the same setup on
> both smarthosts and mx servers.
>
> It seems that amavisd-new has all the information required to
> differentiate between outgoing and incoming mail, so I'm hoping that
> I won't have to change the mailserver setup to filter messages on
> different ports.
>
> --
> Erland Nylend

There is a MYUSERS policy bank, but keep in mind senders are often forged.
This is from amavisd.conf-sample:

## the name 'MYUSERS' has special semantics: this policy bank gets loaded
## whenever the sender matches @local_domains_maps. This only makes sense
## if local sender addresses can be trusted -- for example by requiring
## authentication before letting users send with their local address.
#
# $policy_bank{'MYUSERS'} = {
#   final_virus_destiny => D_BOUNCE, # bounce only to authenticated local users
#   final_banned_destiny=> D_BOUNCE,
# };

Actually, it's not immediately apparent to me what would prevent a
forged sender from loading this policy bank so I think it would
require you to configure Postfix to reject non-authenticated mail
addressed from any of your domains; which is typically done using
something like this (which breaks forwarding):

http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_incoming.shtml

If you are going to do that, then you might as well use the MYNETS
policy bank and something like this as an alternate:
http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/bypassing.html#10