>> Anyway, if I switch again to the amavisd-new conf without "
>> $inet_socket_bind = undef", amavisd refuse connection from postfix:
>> dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
>> 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]: Connection refused)
>>
>> why?
>
> I don't understand why you are asking this, you already know the
> answer: if $inet_socket_bind is undef, amavisd binds to all interfaces;
> if it is set to some IP address, it binds to that interface ONLY.
> The default setting (see: amavisd.conf-default) is '127.0.0.1',
> i.e. to bind to a loopback interface *only*.

I'm afraid that you don't understand the scenario.

- Before, I haven't set any such '$inet_socket_bind' in my amavisd.conf
(so amavisd was boun on local interface only).
- At a time, I need to reach AM.PDP listening on port 9998 from remote,
and so I have set '$inet_socket_bind = undef'. Again, all worked as I
aspected.
- After I finished my test, I have tried to return the the original
configuration. So I have dropped the '$inet_socket_bind = undef'
configuration line, and then I have restarted amavisd-new.
- Amavisd-new was correctly bound on local local port. But no connection
from postifix was accepted (I get the message above).
- In order to work, I had to set again '$inet_socket_bind = undef' in
amavisd.conf and restart..
- Since then Amavisd continued to accept connection from postfix.

I'm simply posted my question to get an explanation this strange beaviour...

> Sure, what did you expect???

My description seems to be so logical...

rocsca