Jose,

> Where do I override the header tag names used by Amavis?  That is, the
> tag names: X-Spam-Flag, X-Spam-Hits, X-Spam-Score, X-Spam-Status.
>
> In some backscatter messages I'm finding these header tag names
> appearing in the body of the message (Amavis is increasingly popular)
> which then causes problems in my scripts when I want to identify the
> correct headers.
>
> I'd think the solution would be to customize our headers so they're
> unique to something like: X-UCLAStat-Spam-Flag, X-UCLAStat-Spam-Hits,
> X-UCLAStat-Spam-Score, X-UCLAStat-Spam-Status.
> Where would I make these changes?

It is not configurable, you need to find strings X-Spam-Flag, X-Spam-Hits,
X-Spam-Score and X-Spam-Status in amavisd and replace them with header
field names of your liking (add_forwarding_header_edits_per_recip
is the main routine adding such headers to passing mail).

Note tahat amavisd is already removing these headers from received mail
if spam checking is enabled, unless you turned off the setting
$remove_existing_spam_headers (which is true by default, i.e. it removes
such foreign headers).

> Is this a good idea?

If your software is finding such strings in a _body_ of a mail,
it is seriously flawed and needs to be fixed. If it is only looking
at the header, you are already on the safe side by default.