Henrik K wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 02:43:00PM -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
>> Michael Scheidell wrote:
>>> and it looks like sane security test #2 and 3 did fail if I don't do
>>> this in amavisd.conf:
>>> (uncomment out the qr'^MAIL'.
>>>
>>> so, 'can be slow'.  how slow is it? and is bill landry wrong saying I
>>> need bypass-decode_parts=1?
>>> is this something fixed in 2.6.2?
>> Not required, but if you don't use "bypass-decode_parts = 1", then you
>> will want to set "$keep_decoded_original_re = 1" so that clamd can also
>> scan the entire message and not just all of the decoded parts separately.
>
> I was just thinking about this same stuff. I use bounce killer too, but I
> want scanners to scan _only_ the full email and not all the parts which
> creates unnecessary load.
>
> Mark, would it be possible to have some option to only do the stuff that
> bounce killer needs and not write unnecessary parts to disk?

Amavisd-New already does this, just set "bypass-decode_parts = 1" in
your amavisd.conf file, and your good to go (works with amavisd-new
2.5.1-pre1 and newer).  When this is set, amavisd does *not* decode
messages and split them into parts, it simply passes the full message to
clamd for scanning.

Bill