Diego,

> Update to lenny and etch problems started ...
>
> I have major problems with Amavis and do not know if courier-imap and
> postfix are also involved.
>
> The current version I'm using are:
>  amavisd-new 1:2.6.1. dfsg-1
>  postfix 2.5.5-1.1
>  courier-imap-ssl 4.4.0-2
>
> Sometimes sending an email from my local account to another account in
> my local domain. Normally I connect to remotely using TLS with SAS. But
> I think I also had this error logged in my mailbox from my lan.

>      id = 28470-17-14, from MTA ([127.0.0.1]: 10025):
>  503 5.5.1 Error: nested MAIL command (in reply to end of DATA command)

amavisd-new-2.6.2 release notes,     December 15, 2008

BUG FIXES

- when feeding a message by SMTP back to MTA and MTA rejects a recipient as
  invalid and a smtp connection cache is enabled, the SMTP protocol can get
  out of step, rejecting the next message in the same connection with a
  "503 5.5.1 Error: nested MAIL command"; this only affects (hopefully) rare
  sites where recipient validation is performed after content filtering
  instead of before content filtering; reported by Richard Smits;