I looked in the error log but didn't see anything. I get some errors
when running 'php amavis-stats.php' but I also got some html output. I
sent that to a static html file and now am able to see something very
much like the OP describes. My blank page issue must have something to
do with my php/apache setup (though a phpinfo() script works fine).

So, looks like I have the same issue as the OP. Do you know which
version of rrdtool amavis-stats is looking for (I'm running 1.3.7, from
my distro)? If amavis-stats demands an older version of rrdtool then
I'll probably just have to give up on it.

Thanks,
Joel