From: Donald G. Knecht [mailto:d...@hastys.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:01 PM
To: amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [AMaViS-user] FW: amavis hostname problem

Tried several experiments today,
First I deleted the old amavisd.conf and tried to start amavis....
I got a nice error message saying amavisd.conf is missing, so amavis IS at
least checking for the existence of the config file.
Next I installed the config file and played around changing the $mydomain
variable.
I tried removing the hyphen from the domain so that it read $mydomain =
'domainname.com'
I still get the error message saying 'domain-name' is not a fqdn.....so this
proves that
the variable is not being read from the config file and is being supplied in
error
from somewhere else, possibly uname?