Quanah,

> >> Will you be filing a bug against the perl module @ CPAN?
> > Done.
> >
> > I sent a mail message to Rob Brown to his cpan address as
> > indicated in the Makefile.PL.  I hope he is still the current
> > maintainer of Net::Server.
>
> According to CPAN, and his own website, the maintainer is Paul Seamons.

Yes, you are probably right. I know that Paul has dropped his interest
in maintaining Net::Server time ago and it was maintained meanwhile
by CPAN volunteers (probably Rob Brown), but that may have reversed now.

Anyway, since I received no feedback from Rob, I'm resending that
problem report with a patch to Paul Seamons. Thanks for reminding me.