Peter,

> I changed to use the recommended bayes module but this has'nt improved the
> TIMING-SA Check_bayes is still a performance killer.
>
> The size of the DB is around 4G and TABLE bays_seen has 25 million records.
> I do a daily sa-learn --force-expire .
>
> Is this DB simply to big . I have used this in the old setup with engine
> INNNODB.

The 25 M records in table 'bayes_seen' is just a waste. The only
purpose of this table is to prevent an occasional duplicate mail from
entering the database too often. This table can just be ditched
and recreated empty every once in a while, with no ill effects.

What is the number of records in a 'bayes_token' table?
If bayes_token is also huge and growing fast, a great relief is offered
by the 'bayes_auto_learn_on_error 1' setting, available in the current
SA trunk (on its way to become 3.4.0).