* Rob Foehl <r...@loonybin.net>:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
>
> > Shouldn't $localhost_name be a (RFC compliant) FQDN hostname like
> > 'localhost.localdomain' by default?
> >
> > Currently it defaults to 'localhost', which IIRC is not a FQDN.
>
> 'localhost.' is an FQDN, and one that is actually correct, as opposed to
> the non-standard .localdomain convention that has caused more trouble than
> it has ever solved.  Please don't encourage further confusion. :)

RFC 2006 <http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt> indicates you are right. I
need to do some testing. Maybe I jumped to the wrong conclusion why specifying
"localhost" only causes problems.

> > I'm asking because the non-FQDN $localhost_name makes Postfix reject amavis
> > when reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname is enabled.
>
> What's the use case for running that on a content filter reinjection port?

Some simply set it globally and don't disable it or change the policy on
reinjection port.

p@rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):