--On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:40 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:21 PM +0100 Mark Martinec
<mark.martinec+ama...@ijs.si> wrote:

There you go, the problem must be in do_ascii - which calls
Convert::UUlib,
which in turn uses the uulib library - which has been known to cause
crashes
in the past. It is ancient library, poorly maintained.

The do_ascii has been removed (commented out) from a default @decoders
list
(I believe in amavisd 2.9.0). I suggest to remove it from your @decoders
list in the config file, it causes more grief than is worth.

Again, the only difference is 2.9.0 vs 2.10.1.  I.e., we used the same
uulib library in 2.9.0 without these issues.  Unless do_ascii was
modified between 2.9.0 and 2.10.1 to add uulib checks, this doesn't seem
like it would be the source.  I will go and remove it however, since it
is known problematic. :)

Hm, it is a newer version of Convert::UUlib as well, however. So it may be related to that. I don't know if you've tested Amavis with the current release of Convert::UUlib. It has had some significant changes recently.

Either way, I guess it won't matter for me in the long term now that do_ascii is disabled. ;)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect