I have uploaded a draft spec for JEP 325: Switch expressions at
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gbierman/switch-expressions.html

Note there are still three things missing:

* There is no text about typing a switch expression, as this is still being
discussed on this list.
* There is no name given for the exception raised at runtime when a switch
expression fails to find a matching pattern label, as this is still being
discussed on this list.
* The spec currently permits fall through from a "case pattern:” statement
group into a "case pattern ->" clause. We are still working through the
consequences of removing this possibility.

Comments welcomed!
Gavin