Note too that we also considered the case (heh) of a switch with _zero_ selectors, as a replacement for chains of if-else that all produce a value to be consumed in a uniform way:

    String s = switch {
        case when e1 -> x;
        case when e2 -> y;
        default -> z;
    }

This obviously doesn't have the problems I outlined with multi-selector, but it is definitely "weirder".  It seeks to capitalize on the strength reduction of switch relative to an if-else chain, but I'm also not convinced this one carries its weight.