We've had this discussion before.

In the old model, it *is* a two-step process; processors could cache type and analysis information in the indy call site at capture time through the Linkage mechanism, and then could use that information at application time.  It's just that in the old model, this was not exposed to processors outside the JDK, at least not initially.  We know that you didn't like that, but we felt that the Linkage API needed a lot more work before we were willing to expose it to arbitrary code, and didn't want to delay the feature for that.  This is old news.

For the JDK processors, the "shortcomings" you list (e.g., caching of types, duplicated validation) are not present.

In the new model, it's the same story.  There's a currently-privileged API that "processors" can use to cache analysis information in the call site, which is computed at first application rather than at capture time, and reused in subsequent applications.  Again, it is not yet available to processors outside the JDK.  It's the exact same story.

I don't see anything in the mail that isn't already handled for the JDK processors, but if I missed something, let me know?