On 06.10.2016 16:43, Marek Olšák wrote:
On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Marek Olšák <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do we need to bump the DRM version for this bug fix?

Alternatively, we could just cc stable.  Being that the whole reset
handling is mesa is till kind of up in the air, I'm not sure how
critical it is.

The Mesa part is actually complete. The problem is that if an
application requests the GL_LOSE_CONTEXT_ON_RESET strategy, an
incorrect reset counter returned by the kernel will automatically kill
the OpenGL context (by setting the no-op dispatch), so it's a pretty
serious issue and the kernel should return correct values regardless
of the state of GPU reset there. If the kernel returns an incorrect
reset counter, we need a version bump for the fix.

Yeah, that seems to be the safest solution.

Nicolai

Marek