Hi Dave,

the problem with that approach is that it duplicates the effort done with android fences but moves some of the logic found in there into the kernel.

E.g. you could do the same with in/out fences on command submission, just not share the handle itself with other process before it is signaled (which is actually desirable).

Regards,
Christian.