Hi all,

Pardon for dropping in uninvited. Just some food for thought.

On 29 May 2017 at 22:01, Li, Samuel <samuel...@amd.com> wrote:
> Understood your point. However as discussed internally before, marketing
> names are there for a lot of reasons; my understanding of the policy is we do
> not need to touch them as long as there is no error in the names and they are
> allowed to be public.

Samuel,

It seems that most comments put forward by people are going on deaf ears.

While there may be valid arguments behind doing so, do consider the following:
 - Review is always encouraged
Regardless if the information is within or outside of the source code.
 - Marketing can make mistakes or have IT glitches
The inconsistent use of "(TM)" and using a 67C2:00 is something one
wants to double-check with them.
 - Having a separate file so that clients can update/edit it does not help much.
You want to ship the whole driver, in order to have a predictable and
consistent user experience.
 - Adding ~200 loc for ~170 devices entries sounds like a step in the
wrong direction.

In either case, not my call. I might follow-up with some issues in the
code itself ;-)

HTH
Emil