Am 01.08.2017 um 19:00 schrieb Tom St Denis:
On 01/08/17 11:41 AM, Christian König wrote:
We can turn of the trace subsystem during compile time already.

Additional to that the trace points use self modifying code to make sure that they don't have any overhead as long as they are turned off. But I don't think this works with the "if (trace_*_enabled()" as well.

Anyway, not a performance critical code path so I don't really bother.

Well aside from that this will only really be useful in upstream kernels where we don't control the configuration.

Eventually if we come up with a better solution (tm) then we can revert this cleanly.

Actually even if we come up with some other approach to access the GPU VM of a process I would rather like to keep that trace point because it is rather useful for some userptr debugging as well.

Christian.

Tom