Am 06.03.2018 um 18:51 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
On 2018-03-06 06:44 PM, Christian König wrote:
Am 06.03.2018 um 18:22 schrieb Li, Samuel:
addition to that I agree with Michel that the module parameter is
overkill.
That I already explained. Currently SG display feature needs to
provide options for all kinds of use cases. All amd drivers so far
provides options, and the default configuration is actually to
allocate everything from GTT when possible.
That isn't job of the kernel to have this parameter. Saying that we
should probably add a DDX and/or environment option to control that.
Why would we need that? It's the kernel driver's job to handle this as
needed.

Buffer placement is specified by the DDX/Mesa, when we override that in the kernel we just force unnecessary buffer moves.

Regards,
Christian.