On 2018-03-07 20:12, Harry Wentland wrote:
Thanks for testing.

What do you mean with broken video? I tried going back in the email thread but
I'm not 100% clear what you mean by this.

BTW, drm-fixes-4.16 are fixes we intend to get into the 4.16 upstream kernel.
amd-staging-drm-next is our development tree and quite a bit farther ahead in
development. I'm trying to find fixes to backmerge to 4.16 to make everyone
happy when it releases.

Like on those screenshots

    https://i.imgur.com/qnDOKY7.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/XH42zit.jpg

To describe it better, lets split the screen into 4 segments

|  A  |  B  |
|  C  |  D  |

The screen resolution kicks in as it should, 1080p, then A displays proper part of screen, around 25%, then B contain a copy of what A displays, so the same 25% of top-left part of screen, then C and D remain black, if I scroll the screen a bit, C and D an get a bold vertical line of whatever color was on screen, if I had a white/gray font, it will be it, if there was some blue text, it will be blue until I scroll a bit more.

drm-fixes-4.16 yield the same effect as amd-staging-drm-next without 0001-drm-amd-display-Fix-takeover-from-VGA-mode.patch, but it seems that htis patch is already in drm-fixes-4.16 so I am confused.

-- Piotr.