I've tried Linux 4.17-rc6 with Ubuntu 18.04 on Tyan S7002 and I am not even
able see lightdm/gdm3 as system hangs when starting X.
Having SR-IOV enabled or disabled makes no difference.
Tested with AMD RX 460.
When X is supposed to start the system hangs and only a rectangular region
on the top left corner screen remains with console text messages from the
boot process while the remaining of the screen is just black. I am unable
to do anything with the keyboard, switching to console does not work,
ctrl-alt-del also doesn't work. I've to do a cold reset.

Regards,
Luís