On 2018-07-16 02:10 PM, Tom St Denis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Back from vacation, booting up the latest drm-next kernel and noticed
> this warning on boot. Attached.
>
> I like the comment in the commit 5c200f56506a142451f17dbea7befa76dd74a942:
>
> "This shouldn't happen, but if it does, we'll get a backtrace of the
> caller, and update the pin_size values as needed."

Once again, turns out it is better to be safe than sorry. :)
Unfortunately, the backtrace isn't really usable, all entries have a
question mark. What does

 grep -e UNWINDER -e DEBUG_INFO -e FRAME_POINTER .config

say in your build tree? FWIW, it's the below for me, and in my
backtraces some entries have no question mark, and those seem reliable.

CONFIG_SCHED_OMIT_FRAME_POINTER=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_REDUCED=y
# CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_SPLIT is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_DWARF4 is not set
CONFIG_UNWINDER_ORC=y
# CONFIG_UNWINDER_FRAME_POINTER is not set
# CONFIG_UNWINDER_GUESS is not set