On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 6:56 AM Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> From: Hans Verkuil <hans.verk...@cisco.com>
>
> Now that the DisplayPort CEC-Tunneling-over-AUX drm+i915 support
> has been merged in the mainline kernel it is time to roll this
> out to nouveau and amdgpu as well.
>
> I combined both in the same patch series since both depend on the
> same first patch, the comments in this cover letter apply to both
> and the implementation is also very similar (and simple).
>
> As mentioned, the first patch is required for this: it adds checks that
> the drm_dp_cec functions are called with a working aux implementation.
> These checks weren't necessary for the i915, but nouveau and amdgpu
> require them.
>
> The next two patches update a comment in drm_dp_cec.c and fix a bug
> in sideband AUX handling that I found while researching CEC Tunneling
> over an MST hub. It's there to prevent others from stumbling over the
> same bug in the future.
>
> The fourth patch adds support for CEC to the nouveau driver.
>
> The last patch adds support for CEC to the amdgpu driver. However, there
> appear to be two classes of amdgpu hardware: as a discrete GPU or
> integrated. I only have a discrete GPU, so I can't test the integrated
> GPU support and I only implemented this for the discrete GPU case.
>
> If someone has the integrated GPU and wants to get this working and is
> willing to do some testing, then please contact me. It shouldn't be
> difficult. You will likely have to buy a working DP-to-HDMI adapter.
> See https://hverkuil.home.xs4all.nl/cec-status.txt for a (sadly very
> short) list of working adapters.

Actually you added support for APUs as well.  In amdgpu, there are two
sets of modesetting code, an older less featured version
(amd/amdgpu/dce*.c) and the newer more featured code (amd/display/*).
Newer asics (vega and raven) are only supported by DC.  Older asics
are supported by both.  Eventually we'd like to remove the older
modesetting code.  I'm not really a CEC expert, but the patches look
pretty straight forward to me.  Series is:
Acked-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deuc...@amd.com>