Hi

Am 28.07.21 um 22:11 schrieb Sam Ravnborg:
Hi Dan,

I think I got it - we need to set irq_enabled to true.
The documentation says so:
"
           * @irq_enabled:
           *
           * Indicates that interrupt handling is enabled, specifically vblank
           * handling. Drivers which don't use drm_irq_install() need to set
this
           * to true manually.
"

Can you try to add the following line:

+static int atmel_hlcdc_dc_irq_install(struct drm_device *dev, unsigned int irq)
+{
+       int ret;
+
+       if (irq == IRQ_NOTCONNECTED)
+               return -ENOTCONN;
+

          dev->irq_enabled = true;                <= THIS LINE

+       atmel_hlcdc_dc_irq_disable(dev);
+
+       ret = request_irq(irq, atmel_hlcdc_dc_irq_handler, 0,
dev->driver->name, dev);
+       if (ret)
+               return ret;

I hope this fixes it.

It does!  With the irq_enabled line added everything is looking good.

Are you sure, you're testing with the latest drm-misc-next or drm-tip? Because using irq_enabled is deprecated and the flag was recently replaced by commit 1e4cd78ed493 ("drm: Don't test for IRQ support in VBLANK ioctls").

Best regards
Thomas

Great, thanks for testing.

Thomas - I assume you will do a re-spin and there is likely some fixes
for the applied IRQ conversions too.

Note - irq_enabled must be cleared if request_irq fails. I did not
include this in the testing here.

        Sam

--
Thomas Zimmermann