[ Adding back in more amd people and the amd list, the people Daniel
added seem to have gotten lost again, but I think people at least saw
my original report thanks to Daniel ]

With "amdgpu.runpm=0", things are better, but not perfect. With that I
can lock the screen, and it has to go through *two* cycles of "No
signal, turning off", but on the second cycle it does finally work.

This was exposed by commit 55285e21f045 ("fbdev/efifb: Release PCI
device's runtime PM ref during FB destroy"), probably because that
made runtime PM actually potentially work, but it is then broken on
amdgpu.

Absolutely nothing odd in my setup. Two monitors, one GPU. PCI ID
1002:67df rev e7, subsystem ID 1da2:e353.

I'd expect pretty much any amdgpu person to see this.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 2:04 PM Linus Torvalds
<torva...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Note: on my machine, I get that
>
>    amdgpu 0000:49:00.0: amdgpu: Using BACO for runtime pm
>
> so maybe the other possible runtime pm models (ARPX and BOCO) are ok,
> and it's only that BACO case that is broken.

Hmm. The *documentation* says:

    PX runtime pm
        2 = force enable with BAMACO,
        1 = force enable with BACO,
        0 = disable,
        -1 = PX only default

but the code actually makes anything != 0 enable it, except on VEGA20
and ARCTURUS, where it needs to be positive.

My card is apparently "POLARIS10", whatever that means, which means
that any non-zero value of amdgpu_runtime_pm will enable runtime PM as
long as "amdgpu_device_supports_baco()" is true. Which it is.

Whatever. Now I'm just kwetching about the documentation not matching
what I see the code doing, which is never a great sign when things
don't work.

              Linus