On 1/23/23 15:09, Alex Deucher wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 5:11 AM Goran Mekić <meka@tilda.center> wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what's the minimal kernel version that supports
the 7900XT. I found that the driver supports SLES 15:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-7900-series/amd-radeon-rx-7900xt

I also found that SLES 15 SP 4 runs on 5.14:
https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000019587#SLE15SP4

Kernel 6.0 or newer.

The problem I have is that I can't find PCI ID (for my card it's 744c)
in the list:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c#L1654

Can you help me understand how this card works with Linux without PCI ID
anywhere mentioned in the code, please? Thank you!

The driver binds to all 0x1002 vendor ID display class devices.  Once
loaded, the driver parses a data table on the device to enumerate all
of the engines on the GPU.  If they are all supported, the driver
loads.

Alex
Thank you for the details!

Regards,