On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 5:27 PM Chia-I Wu <olva...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 11:33 AM Chia-I Wu <olva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Extend the address and size validations to AMDGPU_VA_OP_UNMAP and
> > AMDGPU_VA_OP_CLEAR by moving the validations to amdgpu_gem_va_ioctl.
> >
> > Internal users of amdgpu_vm_bo_map are no longer validated but they
> > should be fine.
> >
> > Userspace (radeonsi and radv) seems fine as well.
> Does this series make sense?

I think so, I haven't had a chance to go through this too closely yet,
but amdgpu_vm_bo_map() is used by ROCm as well so we'd need to make
sure that removing the checks in patch 1 wouldn't affect that path as
well.  The changes in patch 2 look good.  Also, these patches are
missing your SOB.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex