Hello,

I would like to set a marker or execute a marker dependant upon
whether that marker exists or not. What I have in mind is something
like this

: check_marker [defined] stage1 if stage1 else marker stage1 then ;

followed by

check_maker

However, this does not work for me and I suspect this is because of
a (another) gap in my understanding.

At the interpreter

[defined] stage1

gives 0 or -1 as I would hope but I am unable to make progress when I
try and put it in a word.

Can anyone put me out of my misery?  Where am I going wrong?

Kind regards and thanks,

Tristan