On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 07:47:15 +0100
Tristan Williams <h...@tjnw.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Glad it worked.
>
> > How much of 256KB flash is effectively usable with AmForth on the
> > 2560? ?

64k only (which is heaps) - W and IP are 16-bits only. The upper 64k is
still available, a little bit is used for the flashing code. I use
some of this space for user messages.

> Good question. I don't know. The file avr8/words/store-i_big.asm may
> give some clues.
>
> > Will this work as well on a Chinese  ATmega2560ProMini (with FTDI
> > USB chip for terminal input) ?
>
> Again, I don't know. However, if the board has an ATmega2560 mcu
> running at 16 MHz then there is good chance. I think only by flashing
> the board and testing it will you have a better idea.

The clones work fine. Out of the box you might have to blow the fuses
first - before flashing the memory.

--
Regards,

Martin Nicholas.