> I noticed recently that often +DI & -DI both DECREASE on the day
> a possible entry is signalled, by price action or another indicator.
> (See the attachment)
> This is not always the case as shown here but it appears to be much
> > more than just a coincidence. Anyone have any insights?
>
> It does happen on other occaisions – Could this perhaps be used as
an indication of trend strength, usable when holding a position?

> I am aware that one of the ADX nuances is to look for an entry when
the ADX is above both the +DI and –DI.

Sorry that I can't see your attachment, but the AB backtester is
really straightforward where ADX and +-DI are concerned, so you should
be able to quickly find your own answers.

My own experience with ADX and +-DI was that I had a good trading
system using them from '95 to '00 and then they lost their
usefulness... perhaps I did not take the proper effort to find
adaptations of ADX +-DI to other trading systems after early '00.

I never used ADX +-DI for exits... only entries.

Rgds,

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS