Thanks for the tip. Just installed Mozy for backing up larger files. For anyone who can make due with 50 MB file sizes and 1 GB total online storage, the best service I found is www.DropBoks.com
It's ultra simple, which suits me fine. They will soon be offering much larger storage for a small monthly fee. --- In [email protected], "Steve Dugas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi Jerry - Sorry you are having trouble, perhaps I got lucky and picked the > right one ( basically just went with the EMC name ). See attached pic, Mozy > keeps track of your quota as you are adding files, you can always see how > much free space you have left. Also allows you to control its priority and > bandwidth. As I understand it, the initial backup can take a long time but > all subsequent ones are incremental and go much quicker ( only new and > changed files are backed up ). I set mine to work overnight so it can take > all the time it wants 8 - ) > > Steve > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jerry Gress" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: <[email protected]> > Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:14 PM > Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Off-site Backup > > > > Hello, > > > > Well I'm trying IDrive on the non trading computer. Will see how it works. > > > > I hereby reclaim the title of "I can lock up any program". Downloaded and > > then the first screen was a totally can't move and no buttons would work. > > Did an Alt/Ctrl/Delete and things worked. After selecting the files to > > save, > > I noticed it would take 14 hours to save! After 2 hours a message comes up > > telling me I hit the free limit and would I like to buy more space? No I > > said, if your too stupid to tell me before hand then the heck with you. > > > > Jerry Gress > > Stockton, Ca. > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On > > Behalf > > Of Steve Dugas > > Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 7:24 AM > > To: [email protected] > > Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Off-site Backup > > > > Thanks, never thought of that! But I have Mozy all set up and running now > > and I like it - I work on my codes almost every day and it is nice to know > > that all changes etc are automatically saved off-site everynight. Thank > > you > > > > for the tip though, much appreciated. > > > > Steve > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "reinsley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > To: <[email protected]> > > Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:43 AM > > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Off-site Backup > > > > > >> Steve, > >> > >> If your main concern is about your AFL code, you can mail it to > >> yourself towards many Email accounts. As simple text or as zip file. > >> > >> You could encrypt the text if needed. > >> (PGP) http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGP > >> > >> Some of my archives are in Gmail (google) for many years. > >> > >> If you are archiving programs or big size files, it's a bit tricky. > >> > >> Best Regards > >> > >> --- In [email protected], "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@> wrote: > >>> > >>> Hi Jerry - I have been running it for a couple of weeks with no > >> problems whatsoever. I have set it to back up my AFL and a few other > >> things when I am sleeping, and I wake up every morning to a little > >> message, "File backup was successfully completed". I read your link, > >> I don't know but it sounded to me like the guy was almost looking for > >> something to criticize? I can only say that for me, it does exactly > >> what I want and does it very well. And the price is right... 8 - ) > >>> > >>> In case you are interested, I also found this one which seems to > >> have very similar price and perhaps even a couple more features. I > >> can't say how well it works as I haven't tried it. Just figured I > >> would try the one from the EMC company first and it hasn't > >> disappointed me... > >>> > >>> http://www.idrive.com/ > >>> > >>> Steve > >>> ----- Original Message ----- > >>> From: Jerry Gress > >>> To: [email protected] > >>> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 4:07 PM > >>> Subject: RE: [amibroker] Off-site Backup > >>> > >>> > >>> Hello, > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> Steve thanks for the info. I have been very concern about loosing > >> my Holy GrailJ. !!!!! > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> Question: Has running the 'little app' in background caused any > >> problems? > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> Goggle search turned up this: > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9752330-7.html > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> Again thanks, > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> Jerry Gress > >>> > >>> Stockton, Ca. > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > -- > >>> > >>> From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > >> On Behalf Of Steve Dugas > >>> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:30 AM > >>> To: Yahoo - AmiBroker > >>> Subject: [amibroker] Off-site Backup > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> Hi - I like this product a lot so thought I would pass it along. > >> I have years of hard work invested in my AFL codes and I keep several > >> backups but it dawned on me that in the unlikely event of a house fire > >> or other worst-case scenario, I could still lose everythng I could > >> never replace everything from scratch so I went looking for an > >> off-site backup and was lucky enough to come up with this little gem > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> http://mozy.com/ > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> It is an EMC company ( a world leader in storage? ), very > >> professional, etc. Just install their little app and it will present > >> you with a directory tree where you can select any files and/or > >> folders for automatic scheduled online backup. Or manual if you > >> prefer. Everything encrypted and other good features too. Home users > >> get 2G of *free* space and if that isn't enough ( I am only using 48M > >> right now ), you can upgrade to *unlimited* storage for only $4.95 / > >> month. Pretty nice deal! > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> Steve > >>> > >> > >> > >> > >> ------------------------------------ > >> > >> Please note that this group is for discussion between users only. > >> > >> To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to > >> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com > >> > >> For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG: > >> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/ > >> > >> For other support material please check also: > >> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html > >> Yahoo! Groups Links > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users only. > > > > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com > > > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG: > > http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/ > > > > For other support material please check also: > > http://www.amibroker.com/support.html > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users only. > > > > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com > > > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG: > > http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/ > > > > For other support material please check also: > > http://www.amibroker.com/support.html > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >
