Greetings Ramon, Graham, and  all --

You are probably already aware, but many will not be.

There is danger in multistep optimization when the second step is applied to
the results of the first step, all of the out-of-sampleness has probably
been used up.  Be certain to reserve some additional data for a truly
out-of-sample test.

Thanks,
Howard