Subject: [amibroker] Re: Trading futures with EOD data
From: stahlerontcom <j...@ont.com>
To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:13:17 -0000

Thanks Richard.

I appreciate the problem, but I am still curious how others are dealing with it. I see three options:

1. Backtest with EOD data, but use realtime data to generate trading signals.

2. Use EOD data to generate trading signals with the understanding that actual trading will not match tested results.

3. Don't trade electronic futures with EOD data (except for possibly Sydney & Singapore).

Regards,
-JP