Hi,

In Symbol | information | menu

You can set contract specification for each future.

I hope it helps you.

Best regards

Le 08/09/2010 21:26, pipadder a écrit :

Hi,

After a lengthy period of evaluation I recently purchased Amibroker. I am very happy with its performance, but of course there are a number of things I don't know how to do yet, so I thought I'd start by asking the one that is nagging me the most at the moment.

I am using Amibroker for backtesting mechanical systems in the forex market, and this means that I have to operate and backtest using currencies different from the base (account) currency (which for me is USD). Fortunately, the multiple currency support makes this very easy. For example, when backtesting a system with USDJPY I just need to specify "JPY" in the currency field of the corresponding Symbol-->Information window. Later Amibroker uses the multicurrency support to translate the results to my account currency and that is that.

The problem I am finding is that Amibroker does not seem to do the same (currency conversion) with the commissions of the transaction: it only lets you specify this amount in the base currency (USD), and not in the quote currency (second currency) of the pair.

To give you an example, if I am working with GBPUSD and I know the spread of the pair is 3 pips (and since this equates to 30 USD per full lot) I just need to include a commision of 15$ per share (so, 30$ roundtrip) and the results are perfectly accurate. Unfortunately, when working with USDJPY a commision of 3 pips means 3000 JPY, but of course the value of this commision in dollars is going to depend on the exchange rate. Since I have not found a way to specify the commisions in the quote currency (JPY), I am getting inaccurate results for them. I can try to get get approximate results (with the exchange rate not far from 100 then 3000 JPY are not far from 30 USD, so I use just that as fixed commision), but not being able to obtain accurate ones is bothering me a lot. More so since the errors compound themselves when evaluating system performance through the years.

Does anybody know how to do this properly? Is there a workaround??

Thanks in advance!!