Hi!

I and also a friend of mine have a problem with AmIRC 3.5 (all betas).
Now and then, once or twize a day (I'm always online) the window of
AmIRC stops refreshing itself.

-
We are using OS3.9 BB2 with CGFX (cgxv42_rc4) on B/CVisionPPC.
I have a BlizzPPC LC040/25 + 603e/160 and a BVision. A1k2
He has CyberStormPPC 060/50 + 604/233 and a CVision. A4k
We are not using any QuickLayers/Draw patches. No VisualPrefs.
Only Birdie.
-

If I (de)activate the chat window only the close-, zoom- and depth-
gadgets gets refreshed. Usually this is enought for me to find the
popdown menu of MUI so I can iconify the window which is sufficient
to make the bug go away. I can then deiconify AmIRC again and continue
to use it.

If I however ignore the fact that the refresh is stuck and tries to
write in the window or move it or something I soon get gfx-garbage all
over my screens (notice the 's') followed by a severe crash or hard hang.

This is written in the readme:

- Ultra fast text output and scrolling. Supports copy & paste for the
  list text, and allows the use of proportional fonts. Supports
  colored text and inline display of URLs

Does this mean that you are messing with some gfx-layers causing this bug?!

***** Happ! NOW IT HAPPEND! Luckily i managed to save the system, but I
got gfx-garbage all over my WB and the window of YAM. ******

The bug appears more often if the window of AmIRC is covered by other
windows, especially it's own windows like DCC-send/recieve, and then
popped to front.

I use the seemingly undocumented tooltype USEOLDSTYLELISTS to avoid a couple
of recoverable alerts when I start or quiet AmIRC. I started to need this
tooltype when I installed some new mcc's. I think it was:
NList.mcc 20.105 (2002-06-30)
NListview.mcc 19.63 (2002-05-11)
NListtree.mcc 18.13 (2002-06-30)
...which are needed for YAM v2.4 dev.

I hope you can fix this in the future, it's quite annoying beacuse
AmIRC is otherwise the far best IRC-client on all platforms we believe!

--
All greetings from Deniil:
    - The Amiga Spirit will live forever and ever.. .  .   .

 http://www.algonet.se/~deniil/
 http://www.onyxsoft.nu/