>>> What I have noticed is that Amirc only seems to play "#?.wav" I
>>> have some samples but when I try to play them Amirc reports "cant
>>> play sample.ilbm.wav"
>>> as it seems to add ".wav" to all samples

>> On the contrary. It can only play files called #?.(8svx|iff). BTW.
>> This pattern is set in the file requester.

> What file requester ?
> [21:31] =ABError=BB Usage: /SOUND soundfile[.wav] action_text
> To play a sound I just type "/sound lol"

As someone else said, this wasn't what I meant.
But you're right here; the /SOUND can only play wav because it plays
on every klient in the channel IF they have the same sample. This is
an IRC standard AFAIK. The settings in AmIRC are obviously not ;)

Well, going on vacation for a week or two now! Please don't flood
my mail account in the meantime ;-))

--
All greetings from Deniil:
    - The Amiga Spirit will live forever and ever.. .  .   .

 Business: http://www.onyxsoft.nu/
 Personal: http://www.algonet.se/~deniil/