From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 1:44 PM
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] 4-400 first made when?

I've not researched the 4-400, but I can say for sure we replaced the
4-125's with 4-400's when we upgraded our broadcast transmitter from
.25kw to 1kw around 1961.  The transmitter was a Collins, 20J and the
upgrade made it a 20V-2.

73 de W4MIL
Chuck

Chuck, and the rest of the group,
I have a Collins 300 J basket case (no iron) I am changing it to a 20V2, any advice on the 4- 400 swap, does anyone have any of the transformers, (does
not have to be out of a Collins 20v2, just needs to be for 4-400's)
Thanks
Brad KB7FQR