Interesting comments thus far on this thread. I'd like to nominate another rig, the GLOBE HG-303, that uses a single 6146. It's a compact CW rig and well built. The "matching" VFO is the GLOBE V-10. Cabinets exactly the same size for both.

Interestingly, the HG-303 is designed for easy addition of a Plate Modulator via the octal accessory socket. A good 50w modulator like the EICO 730 works fb. Globe's SM-xx (if I remember correctly) works with it also.

I owned one of these cute little rigs and parted with it a couple of years back to a friend on Florida's West Coast.

It was not around long in production and I think is considered to be somewhat on the "endangered species" list.

Anyone see/have one? And have you tried Plate modulation scheme with it?

73 de W4MIL
Chuck
Palm Coast, FL