Good afternoon Roger and all................

Your brief comments about licencing and the BBC brought to mind the certification decals I've encountered on three of my early English Crystal Sets. Each of the sets have not only the BBC decals, but the serial numbers are "stamped" into the wooden cabinets. The sets were truly "licensed" and registered when purchased. One of the crystal sets had a nice surprise tucked neatly inside. It was a B.B.C.A.A. (British Broadcasting Corporation Assurance Association) Wireless Policy. An insurance policy that provided limited coverage for damages incurred by lightning where an outside Aerial was deployed. This particular policy was never completed by the owner and is intact. No mention of the premium amount was given but it was for a period of six months. Coverage was increased when a W.L.A. (Wavelength Lightning Arrestor) was installed at the same time as the aerial. The address for the BBCAA was 825/826 Salisbury House, London Wall, E.C. 2

A small, but fine book on early British Wireless design is "The Cat's Whisker" by Jonathan Hill. Some very nice photos and a nice anthology of wireless broadcasting in England. It even has the history of the BBC stations beginning with London (2LO) on 361 metres and continuing through THIRD PROGRAMME on 460 metres in 1946.

Thanks, Roger, for sharing your comments..........definitely not boring.

Best 73 de W4MIL

Chuck