From: Bob Macklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:50 am
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] I'll vote for 7190

The reason I picked 7190 is that it is 100KC below the established 40M AM
calling frequency that is published by the ARRL.

I have had people tell me they cannot operate on 7290 because of the SWBC
problem. The So. Cal. group operates on 7293.

At the end of March 2009 we are supposed to be free or the SWBC problem
between 7100 and 7200. So I would assume that operating in that segment
would be better.

Generals can't operate below 7175 so not to exclude them I picked 7195 as a
target frequency.

Bry Carling (AF4K) does have 7190 FT-243 crystals available. I would also
expect to see Bry in the East Coast section of this group.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Kent (Seattle), Wa,
"Real20Radios Glow in the Dark"