I am interested is a simple design hf amplifier for am cw on 160-80/75-40.
These are the bands i operate on where the extra power would help. Fewer parts
count the better. Ultimately lower cost the better. I have power supply parts
and believe that i can generate around 2000 volts. I am slowly researching
tubes and am leaning toward 2 or 4 tubes that can basically generate lots of
watts at half to two thirds their ratings to prolong their life span. Perhaps
tubes such as 811's, 810's, 833's, 4-400's. I am open to suggestions. I will
need to build or acquire a heavy duty matching system as part of the amp. My
goal is at least 300 Watts AM. I do not want to mess with systems that require
cooling other than fans. I am not interested in modes for this amp other than
am and cw. It will almost exclusively be used for am as i rarely use more than
5 watts on cw any way. Simpler cheaper is better for me. I appreciate your
suggestions. Todd