Todd, Brian and the others do give some great advice.  Replacing the
electrolytic capacitors should be a priority if the DX-60 is stock.
That right there just might solve your issues.  Also, if it is an
original stock DX-60, the 2-prong power plug will have fuses.  If the
plug seems It would be prudent to change that out to a 3-prong grounded
plug with one fuse in line.  I love my DX-60 (which has been updated
with audio, carrier and ptt mods).  Hope to hear you on the before too
long.

John KX5JT